Sunday, December 7, 2008

Only a matter of time

I just got off the phone with my mother in law...while i was on there with her, i decided to spill the beans and let her know what her son was doing. in a small sense, she didn't seem too surprised. she said he had problems with it when he lived with them. i was about to break down crying, hoping she'd have a simple solution to make all the pain go away...but she admitted, she didn't. :( a bit heartbreaking, but she told me to go with him to see "fireproof" which is a pretty good christian movie, i'm told. i wanna go see it badly. i'm at the point where i don't know if i'm in love with him anymore because how can you love someone that you don't trust?!? She mentioned to me that she definately didn't approve of what he had done and neither does his father...and that she would pray for us and hope things get better.

There's a book that she told me about called "love dare"....it says that marriages usually end with "i don't love you anymore" or "i'm not in love with you" and the book kinda brings out the "love" for one another by doing dares...for example, for one day, don't say ANYTHING mean or rude to your spouse...even if you want to. i think that would be a great book for us. "love never fails" it says in the bible. so how can it be love if it fails?????

i'm having a terrible time handling this. i never thought i would be getting married, and then 6 months later, it would end....having no heartbeat or sign of life in the relationship. for better, for worse....or for much much worse. commiting adultrey is one of the many things God looks down upon. No respect. No love. No compassion can come through commiting adultrey.

i suppose i'm not the type of person that can go through something as such and say "things happen, we can get through it." i'm very much the type of person who has to heal for a very long period of time and cannot take such an act lightly.


hopefully, in a matter of time, our marriage will be back to its' origional state, but until then.....

1 comment:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Kristin, e-mail me your number and I'll give you a call. I am really sad for you right now and if I could I would come straight over there and hug you. I think about you a lot and you are in our prayers. Please contact me with your number. I love you!